Only few people know where Ada Foah has got its name from. The reason is the fort near the Presbyterian church that gave the town its name to distinguish the two Adas: Ada Fort, village of the fort. 

Fort Kongenstein was built by the Danish traders in 1783 to defend their trading post against the attacking neighboring tribes. Trade was one of the main sources of income and there were also large warehouses for storing the trading goods. But unfortunately, these buildings all disappeared into the sea. Later when the Europeans had left, the buildings were used as a prison and police station. 

As the sea comes closer more than 1.5 meters each year, it is gradually washing the building into the ocean. Half of it is already eroded but hopefully the upcoming construction of the sea defense wall will stop this progress.